Celebrating our 10th anniversary, Four Star Private Chefs, Inc. is very proud to announce the creation of a new culinary travel series and continuing education program for private chefs. Beginning in late January 2007 and offered quarterly, Four Star will sponsor customized weekend-long travel programs designed to enhance and inspire menu planning and to provide valuable interaction with other peer professionals.
Our inaugural trip is planned for travel to New York City, home to some of the hottest restaurants and finest ingredients available. We will have a whirlwind tour of city markets and ethnic neighborhoods, and meet some of the luminaries on the NYC culinary scene as we wine and dine around the City and the outer boroughs.
- Airfare, private accommodations with shared kitchenette facilities, metro tickets and 3 dinners are included (you will be able to purchase breakfast, snacks and lunches while on our neighborhood tours).
- Program is limited to 8 participants from the West Coast to allow for greatest flexibility in restaurant reservations.
- Be prepared to shop for your client as there are many wonderful local and European ingredients that are not seen elsewhere. You might want to pack a soft-sided cooler for the perishables you will be bringing back.
All participants will leave from/return to Oakland International Airport. Seattle/Los Angeles chefs, please coordinate alternative travel plans with Four Star.
If you are interested in joining us or if you have any questions about our Culinary Travel Series, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Afternoon: Leave Oakland on Jet Blue
- Early Evening: Arrive in NYC
- Van transport to accommodations
- Check in and freshen up
- Welcome hosted reception, assemble for dinner
- 8 PM dinner reservations at Fatty Crab? Kittichai?
- Breakfast: Continental breakfast at your hotel or join us for no host full breakfast at Nice Matin, UWS
- 10:00 am: Subway to Chelsea Market for shopping and trend spotting
- 12:00 noon: Lunch on the Lower East Side (Russ and Daughters?)
- Metro/Walking tour of Greenich Village, Murray’s cheese shop, the Pork Store, and other fabulous food temples
- 2:30 pm: Late afternoon snacks at Spotted Pig? Babbo?
- Afternoon: Free (we will offer an optional side trip to Brooklyn for pizza and Jacques Torres Chocolate)
- 7:00 pm: Meet at wine bar with tapas
- Dinner: Subway to dinner at Balthazar
- Breakfast: Continental breakfast or join us for no host full breakfast at Nice Matin, UWS
- 10:00 am: Shop the famous trio of UWS gastronomic temples: Zabars, Fairway and Citarella for cheeses, specialty olive oils and spices, and cooking gadgets. H and H bagels are nearby and freeze well! Ample time allowed to drop off packages at hotel.
- Free time until lunch reservation (P.S. you must “dress” for lunch: no tie but coat required for men, business casual+ for men and women)
- 1:30 pm: Lunch at Le Bernadin and kitchen tour with Eric Ripart
- 4:30 pm: Hosted Wine tasting with NYC private chefs – an informal gathering of like-minded peers
- 8:00 pm: Dinner at Gramercy Tavern
- Optional nightlife adventure
- Optional ticket Broadway show performance
- Brunch at Butter, then free time for museum?
- Van leaves for JFK